We understand that families come in all shapes and sizes.
We also understand that when a problem affects one member of a family, it often affects other members of the family in different ways too.
The goal of Family Therapy is to help family members improve communication, solve family problems, understand and handle special family situations (for example, death, serious physical or mental illness, or child and adolescent issues), and create a better functioning home environment.
Family Therapy aims to understand the dynamics between the people in families and assist where relationships have become challenging and stuck.
We do this by:
- assisting family members to explore each other’s feelings and views
- understand their family patterns, family strengths and struggles
- enhancing communications between individuals
- learning conflict resolution skills.
To self-refer to these services, please complete the form on the contact us page. We look forward to working with you.
- Development of collaborative treatment and family goals
- Support to manage changes associated with illness, disability, grief or trauma.
- Developing effective communication within your family
- Parenting Skills
- Developing improved family routines and habits.
- Taking time to better understand each other’s perspectives.